Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Clean up is such a bummer

I love Christmas, but the cleaning up is a big bummer. I really hate it. I cleaned the house, and it took me what seemed like forever. I didn't clean the girl's room, because I am afraid to go in there, not sure what I will find in there. LOL. But all the Christmas gifts are put where they need to be, and now the house smells nice. I lit some candles and now I can sit and relax for the rest of the day.

I used my gift cards, and went and bought myself some pjs and some new heels, and a nice sweater jacket. I just need to get some slacks, so I will see what I can find this week when I got to Walmart for groceries.

Well I have set my stitching goals for 2008. I have never done this before, so this should be fun and interesting. lol. We will see. I want to get some finishes done, I haven't had one in so long, so I think that it is time. So I don't think I will be getting anymore patterns for awhile. I still need to start my stitching for charity that I am doing on one of my groups. I feel bad, because I haven't found a day that I can do that. It is so hard to.

I am hoping that Country Comforts will go by fast, as I have some freebie patterns that I want to start, and do for CHristmas next year. So that will be fun. I just want to stick to what I have right now, and get those done. I also have a table runner that I want to start, but I can't find a good pattern for one. I am looking for birdhouses, I collect them, and would love to find a good pattern for that. I am still going to search for one.

Other than that, just trying to get things organized around here, and ready for the new year. Which has been so fun.

Ariel had a friend spend the night last night, and her friend got a kitten for Christmas. It is so adorable, his name is Rudy. He is the cutest thing you have ever seen. Now the girls want one, but we can't have pets.

My parents gave the kids some nice things yesterday. Ariel got a gift card, and a CD from them. Miranda got a Bratz make up kit. Just what she needed. lol. Justin got a transformer, and a gift card, all three of them got gift cards, and I got a gift card. So it was a very nice day all in all. I feel bad that I forgot the camera, I can't believe that I forgot it. Oh well, it just shows that I can have a DUH! moment.

The rest of the week, I am just going to sit and relax, and get some stitching done on Country Comforts, and then Jan 1 start my goal for 2008. I am hoping it will be a productive year.

1 comment:

Meari said...

I don't like cleaning either. Sounds like you're going to be busy.

Thanks for the comments on my blog... The flatfolds were for my siblings (LOL) not my kids. I don't have any.